This course covers the range of concepts, approaches and techniques that are applicable to the Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering. It is relevant to anyone working within a business or information systems domain, who requires an understanding of the nature, definition and use of good quality requirements.
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding and application of Requirements Engineering principles and techniques in the following areas:
1. The Requirements Engineering framework; the issues and rationale in a business context; the application of the framework.
2. The hierarchy of requirements.
3. Roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the Requirements Engineering framework.
4. Requirements elicitation.
5. Requirements modelling.
6. Requirements documentation.
7. Requirements analysis.
8. Requirements validation.
9. Requirements management.
Eligibility for the Examination
There are no specific pre-requisites for entry to the examination; however candidates should possess the appropriate level of knowledge to fulfil the objective shown above.